IMET2000 Autumn Extravaganza on Zoom for Child Refugees, Victims of War and of Pandemics
Event: IMET2000 Autumn Extravaganza on Zoom for Child Refugees, Victims of War and of Pandemics
Date: Monday, September 27th, 2021
Do please join us for the second of our most important fundraisers of the year. We are joined live on zoom by the Palestinian Ambassador to the UK, Dr Husam Zomlot, children from Syria, Palestine, Uganda and Ghana and frontline workers from Jordan, Gaza, the West Bank, Syria, Yemen, Ghana and Uganda. For entertainment, Mark Thomas and Imran Yusuf provide the laughter, Ken Loach is in discussion with Palestinian film-maker Farah Nabulsi, Jon Snow talks about his experiences in Uganda since working as a VSO teacher there in 1967 and young musicians from the Edward Said National Conservatory of Music will perform enchanting Arab music and we have a selection of African music too.
On the night we will be raising funds for:
- West Bank Palestine: Advanced training in critical care of COVID-19 infected patients for nurses, doctors and allied professionals in Gaza and the West Bank and donation of more medical grade oxygen delivery systems
- West Bank: Essential equipment to expand our Basic Life Support training in the IMET2000 Acute Trauma Unit in Ramallah
- Gaza: Child Mental Health Centre and Mental Health Training after our child mental health clinic was destroyed by an Israeli bomb on May 14th
- Syria: Joint project with partner charity, Firefly International, with education and training for Syrian children in refugee camps (in Syria and Turkey)
- Yemen: Joint project with partner charity Action for Child Trauma International (ACTI) training Yemeni psychologists in modern specialist therapies for victims of war
- Ghana: Joint project with partner charity Action Through Enterprise (ATE) for support of severely handicapped and disabled children and their mothers
- Uganda: Management of COVID-19 patients, installing piped oxygen and a large oxygen generator for the operating theatres and CV19 ward in our IMET2000 Herona Hospital
To confirm your attendance please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Zoom joining link will be sent out the day before the event and only those who have confirmed their attendance by email will receive the link. There is no ticket for sale but we request a donation of £30 to register. To make your donation please use this link to our dedicated JustGiving event page https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/IMET2000AutumnExtravaganza2021Please make sure you do not donate anonymously, as we need your name and email address to send the zoom link to you. On the JustGiving page please ignore the tip request (15%) and either give nothing or a maximum of 5%! But gift-aided at 25% costs you nothing and increases our income enormously.
We very much hope to see you on September 27th for an entertaining and inspirational evening. Your support would be so much appreciated and would allow us to expand our portfolio of projects to meet ever-increasing demands.